[pct-l] PCT Manning Park to Cascade Locks - entering the USA

Hi,

> When you enter the USA you are suppose to get the permit. When you leave you
> are suppose to surrender it. So, if you enter the USA by flying into Seattle,
> you would get an entry permit there. When you get a bus to Canada, you are
> suppose to surrender the permit at the border.

I found the information I sought:
http://travel.state.gov/tcn.html
http://www.ebglaw.com/article_647.html
http://www.nih.gov/od/ors/dirs/isb/j1_travelcanada.htm

The "permit" is the I-94 form. I'm just showing here that one does not
need to surrender it when leaving to Mexico or Canada. I still don't know
if it is legal for a foreigner to pass the boundary into/out of Canada on
the PCT and what penalties might wait.

Ilja.