[pct-l] Desert Water Bottles

--
In a message dated 4/14/2003 12:23:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
StoneDancer1@aol.com writes:

> The only downside to them is that they take up pack volume whether empty or
> full.  This may not matter to somem but, because of that, I found I
> prefered
> the collapsible Platypus bottles...which are not quite but almost as cheap
> ,
> have no wide mouths for those that hold them dear,  hold 2.5 liters ,and
> weigh 2.45 oz.

I like the Platypus type containers myself, but for long hauls I'll buy one
or two of the soda bottles and collaspe them when or as they empty, then
chuck them once they've served their purpose.

Ha, I had an ex-girlfriend that did something similar.

Sly