[pct-l] Town of Burney in Olden Days

--
  In the days before running shoes, town of Burney was important along the
trail becasue it had a good Cobbler. Old guide book ( 1973) adviced
thru-hikers to stop here and have the soles of your Pivetta's, Vasque's,
Fabiano's or if you had money, Peter Limmer boots resoled here. My soles
looked like bed room slippers by then by the time I hit burney. I good side
was though that the boots were finally broke in after 1,200 miles!!
   I'm with Moak here, use in town Post Office.  Plus hamburgers, pizza and
Omelettes.  Rule number one ,, never walk by food near the trail.