[pct-l] Burney Falls Store

>>I was just printing up my labels for my resupply boxes and I noticed that
the
PCTA recommends sending to the Burney Post Office, while the old Hiker's
Handbook recommends the store in the park.  I was just wondering if the
store
no longer likes receiving packages.<<

Wayne,

Personally, I'd send my packages to Burney Post Office. It's a nice little
town with easy access to the trail. Stores, PO, restaurants and motels are
all right together.

The Burney Falls store charged $3.00 a package in 2000 and it maybe more by
now. Also you can't send anything out from there so if you've got a bounce
box make sure not to post it there. We did and had to carry it forward, not
fun! They weren't very receptive to hikers when we arrived. Lot's of other
customers and we were just a nuisance to them.

-Fallingwater