[pct-l] contacts/sunglasses

Jim said:
>What I want to do is get contacts so I can use off-the-shelf
sunglasses. <

Think twice about contacts if you will be out where it may be dusty.
I settled on prescription bi-focal lenses: 2 pairs, one in sunglasses
and one regular.  Still only two surfaces to keep clean and a heck of
a lot cheaper in the long run than contacts!  A lot less trouble out
in the bush as well.

You might also look at the "over-goggles" that are made to fit over a
pair of glasses.  I tried a couple, but they were just too tough to
keep free of condensation in the winter.

I use a large "aviator" type frame for the sunglasses and picked up a
set of side-blockers from REI that I clip on when out in the snow or
other extreme conditions.  I also have a nose-guard but never have had
a need for it.. still keep it though just in case someone gives me an
all-expense-paid guided trip to Denali.

Kurt P. Herzog
Grants Pass, OR 97526

kpherzog@sdesign.com