From: Christine Kudija [mailto:cmkudija@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 12:57 PM
To: Jim Keener; pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Eyeglasses / Contacts

Jim, my husband is VERY nearsighted and uses disposable extended-wear
contacts by AccuVue, both in town and while hiking, including distance
hiking; for reading he uses fold-up glasses that are adjusted to work with
his distance-vision contacts.  However, your ability to wear contacts at all
will depend on your own eyes & prescription.  You must  consult with your
optometrist about your particular needs, and go through the trial-and-error
process of fitting contacts to your eyes.

Lasik surgery (recommended by another lister) is not recommended for
everyone, although it can produce near-miraculous results.  My sis-in-law's
an optometrist who's decided against it for herself. Just a thought.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija

"Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top.
Then you will see how low it was."  Dag Hammarskjold