[pct-l] Re: Sock It Two Me!

In a message dated 4/3/03 2:40:26 PM, tsimon10@cogeco.ca writes:

<< I noticed the postings concerned socks a few times. As others have

mentioned, two socks (an inner Polypro liner and an outer thicker real sock)

are the only way to go. Many times I have come across people sitting on the

sides of trails and examining their blisters. Most of the time, they were

using only a single sock.

Very true! And dozens of feet have no idea of what horror awaits them in just
a few weeks. Better stock up on Second Skin. It's hard to find in Idylwild,
due to blistered PCT hikers. And just when you think your feet are toughening
up, along comes the Mojave to test your purity -- to skip or not to skip.
Usually decided by the shape your feet are in.