[pct-l] how many socks?

I carry/wear two pair of liner socks, two pair of Red Wing socks that were
bought in 1999 before my hike, and a lightweight polar fleece one for the
tent and camp (if it's dry)  .
  I just wear the same pair until I can't stand  to smell them anymore (
usually 3 days) Then I wash them and use the other pair the next day while
washed socks continue drying while hung from my pack. My boots generally stay
on my feet the entire day, including camp. I carry no camp shoes, just the
polar fleece socks.
  Just love the laundry tub made froma 2 1/2 gallon water carrier with a
handle and a hole cut in the top per Jardine's book.  I believe his wife
Jenny came up with the idea. Just have to make sure you dump sudsy water at
least 100 yards from where you get the water, just like dishes. Doubles as a
great potato chip/ extra goodies pocket, and a trash carrier.