[pct-l] Re: equipment questions

In a message dated 4/1/03 5:37:47 PM, maripper@mindspring.com writes:

<< Still haven't seen anything about availability of gas canisters near the

trail.  Is it equally easy to get these as it is to get alcohol at resupply

points?  If so I'm thinking now of staying with my Pocketrocket - it is SO

easy & I will probably only boil enough water for dinner so fuel will last

me a long time.

 The only places guaranteed to have them along the trail would be Big Bear
city, Mojave, S.Lake Tahoe, Ashland. Yosemite Valley and Cascade Locks might
have them. Good luck at places like Old Station, Seiad Valley and Stehekin!