[pct-l] Should I buy new guidebooks?

--

I bought my guidebooks in fall of 2001, in anticipation of hiking the trail=
 in 2002.  Since that didn't happen, they are another year older.  I have t=
he fifth edition of the California guidebook, and the sixth edition of the =
Oregon/Washington guidebook.  It appears that the California guidebook was =
last updated in 1995, and was on its third printing as of 2000.  The Oregon=
/Washington book seems to have been updated and published in August of 2000.

I'd hate to waste money if it isn't necessary, but I don't want to be using=
 seriously out-of-date guides.

I've seen that others have had trouble getting the California guidebooks, s=
o I'm not even sure I'd be able to get them at this late date.

Any thoughts?

Phoenix, PCT 2003

http://www.trailjournals.com/phoenix