[pct-l] yogi's PCT resupply strategy

A couple days ago, I posted the towns I'd buy food in and the towns I'd send
maildrops to.  After re-reading that post, I realized I wasn't very
thorough.  SPECIFICALLY, I left out Chester CA and Cajon Pass.  Here's a
more detailed resupply strategy.  For specific information on what each town
has to offer, go to my 2002 PCT journal at www.trailjournals.com/yogi

I will be making major updates on the resupply information on trailjournals
this weekend.  I should have the updates posted by Sunday night.

The next time I hike the PCT---hopefully in 2006---I will not use a support
person from home.  I believe the PCT trailtowns are at perfect intervals for
a self-sufficient hike.  When I hike again, here=92s the resupply strategy
I=92ll use:

42.9 - Mt Laguna - maildrop sent from home

110.6 - Warner Springs - maildrop sent from home

153.7 - Idyllwild via Pines-to-Palms Hwy - buy food

212.0 - Cabazon - buy food
-------OR-------
213.5 - Pink Motel - maildrop sent from home

267.4 - Big Bear City via Hwy 18 - buy food

344.7 - Cajon Pass - carry an extra dinner from Big Bear City, and buy
snacks/lunch at the convenience store here, enough to get me to Wrightwood.

371.9 - Wrightwood via Angeles Crest Hwy 2 - buy food.  Maybe send maildrop
from here to Jack Fair=92s.

454.9 - Agua Dulce - buy food.  Send maildrops from here to KM and VVR.

516.0 - Jack Fair=92s - maildrop (if the new owners take them) sent from
Wrightwood

563.7 - Mojave via Hwy 58 - buy food.  If I didn=92t send drops to KM and V=
VR
from Agua Dulce, I=92d do it from Mojave.

647.8 - Onyx - buy food.  The store is small, but you only need 2 days=92 f=
ood
to get to KM.

697.0 - Kennedy Meadows - maildrop sent from Agua Dulce or Mojave

871.3 - Vermilion Valley Resort - maildrop sent from Agua Dulce or Mojave

900.7 - Red=92s Meadows - carry an extra dinner from VVR, buy snacks/lunch =
at
the store here, enough to get from here to Tuolumne.

955.7 - Tuolumne - buy food

1087.9 (Hwy 50) or 1089.4 (Echo Lake) - go to South Lake Tahoe from here.
Buy food.  Maybe send a maildrop to Sierra City.

1150.1 - Truckee - maybe hitch in from Donner Pass Old Hwy 40 - buy food at
the Safeway.

1191.5 - Sierra City - buy food or pick up maildrop sent from S. Lake Tahoe

1283.1 - Belden - go to Quincy from here.  Buy food.  Send maildrops from
here to Old Station and Burney Falls State Park

1329.7 - Chester - buy food

1371.6 - Old Station - maildrop sent from Quincy

1417.5 - Burney Falls State Park - maildrop sent from Quincy

1500.4 - Dunsmuir - buy food, maybe send a maildrop to Seiad Valley

1600.2 - Etna - buy food

1657.0 - Seiad Valley - maybe buy food, maybe have a maildrop sent from
Dunsmuir

1721.5 - Ashland - buy food.  Send maildrops from here to Mazama, Shelter
Cove, Olallie, Big Lake Youth Camp, Timberline

1825.3 - Mazama - maildrop sent from Ashland

1907.1 - Shelter Cove - maildrop sent from Ashland

1944.7 - Big Lake Youth Camp - maildrop sent from Ashland

2047.8 - Olallie - maildrop sent from Ashland

2102.0 - Timberline - maildrop sent from Ashland

2150.2 - Cascade Locks - buy food.  Send maildrops from here to White Pass,
Skykomish, and Stehekin.

2298.0 - White Pass - maildrop sent from Cascade Locks

2396.5 - Snoqualmie Pass - buy food

2471.6 - Skykomish - maildrop sent from Cascade Locks

2569.4 - Stehekin - maildrop sent from Cascade Locks