[pct-l] Should I buy new guidebooks?

Why bother? There's a path all the way from mexico to canada.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Van Loon" <vanloonc@yahoo.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 9:26 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Should I buy new guidebooks?

--

I bought my guidebooks in fall of 2001, in anticipation of hiking the trail
in 2002.  Since that didn't happen, they are another year older.  I have the
fifth edition of the California guidebook, and the sixth edition of the
Oregon/Washington guidebook.  It appears that the California guidebook was
last updated in 1995, and was on its third printing as of 2000.  The
Oregon/Washington book seems to have been updated and published in August of
2000.

I'd hate to waste money if it isn't necessary, but I don't want to be using
seriously out-of-date guides.

I've seen that others have had trouble getting the California guidebooks, so
I'm not even sure I'd be able to get them at this late date.

Any thoughts?

Phoenix, PCT 2003

http://www.trailjournals.com/phoenix