[pct-l] Canadian Border Crossing - ADDENDUM

The permit required to enter Canada from the PCT is
simple to fill out. It is available from the PCT
Association.  The Canadian response was prompt.  I
don't think the form is all that seriously analyzed,
since on the DESCRIPTION line, I had entered "scruffy
hiker," and it came back just as written.

When I flew out from Vancouver, my California driver's
license was enough to get out, although they looked me
over carefully, and expressed that a passport would
have been better.  I was singled out for a security
check at the airplane gate though, and was scared to
death when, just as the security guy waved his metal
detector past my butt, I saw the rubber glove hanging
over his belt.

Larry H