[pct-l] I'm leaving Campo at first light on Friday April 25th and would like to group up with others at least untill danger of "illegals" is over

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Hubbard" <rick@rickhubbard.org>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 11:00 PM
Subject: [pct-l] I'm leaving Campo at first light on Friday April 25th and
would like to group up with others at least untill danger of "illegals" is
over

> Greetings Everyone,
>
> I'm starting Friday, April 25th from Campo and looking to group up with
> others, at least until danger of "illegals" is past.

What illegals? Drug dealers? You'd have to go alot further south and north
to worry about those.

> I'm driving out from Vermont with my "significant other" Sally who will
drop
> me at the Mexican border at first light on April 25th. I'll hike north to
> Lake Morena, arriving late Friday, stay over for the Saturday festivities
> and then continue north on Sunday. Ultimately I plan to hike north to Echo
> Lake Resort, some 1100 miles, and my friend Sally will join me for the
last
> 10 days north from Tuolumne Meadows.

She's going to miss some fantastic country. The trip through Yosemite is
totally cool!!

> I've hiked the AT in the early/mid 90's and although along the way I
hooked
> up with some great hiking partners, I realize it's very hard in advance to
> figure out hiking styles, paces, personalities etc. So I'm proposing that
> any of us wanting to start April 25th, start out together for the first
few
> days when "safety in numbers" isn't a bad idea. Then after we've all
gotten
> to know each other a bit better, we can decide whether some, all or any of
> us would like to continue on together.

Saftey in numbers from what?

> If you think you might be interested in discussing this further, please
> contact me. I'm an "equal opportunity" guy so, young, old, male, female,
> single or coupled is all okay with me.

Personally I like young single females to hike with.

My bias is to respect others,
> although that doesn't mean I shy away from in-depth conversations about
> important topics, just that I prefer to make my points in a neutral way
> without using a lot of inflamatory adjectives and adverbs!

Whats an argument without emotion? Dull!!

> Happy trails!

Enjoy your walk.

> Rick Hubbard a/k/a "Newsman"
> 12 Woodbine Street