[pct-l] I'm leaving Campo at first light on Friday April 25th and would like to group up with others at least untill danger of "illegals" is over

Greetings Everyone,

I'm starting Friday, April 25th from Campo and looking to group up with
others, at least until danger of "illegals" is past.

I'm driving out from Vermont with my "significant other" Sally who will drop
me at the Mexican border at first light on April 25th. I'll hike north to
Lake Morena, arriving late Friday, stay over for the Saturday festivities
and then continue north on Sunday. Ultimately I plan to hike north to Echo
Lake Resort, some 1100 miles, and my friend Sally will join me for the last
10 days north from Tuolumne Meadows.

I've hiked the AT in the early/mid 90's and although along the way I hooked
up with some great hiking partners, I realize it's very hard in advance to
figure out hiking styles, paces, personalities etc. So I'm proposing that
any of us wanting to start April 25th, start out together for the first few
days when "safety in numbers" isn't a bad idea. Then after we've all gotten
to know each other a bit better, we can decide whether some, all or any of
us would like to continue on together.

If you think you might be interested in discussing this further, please
contact me. I'm an "equal opportunity" guy so, young, old, male, female,
single or coupled is all okay with me. My bias is to respect others,
although that doesn't mean I shy away from in-depth conversations about
important topics, just that I prefer to make my points in a neutral way
without using a lot of inflamatory adjectives and adverbs!

Happy trails!

Rick Hubbard a/k/a "Newsman"
12 Woodbine Street
S Burlington, VT 05403-6621