[pct-l] I'm leaving Campo at first light on Friday April 25th and would like to group up with others at least untill danger of "illegals" is over

Hi Rick

I hiked the trail alone in 2002.  My wife hiked the
trail alone in 1999.  Believe me, any risk from the
illegals is far overstated.  They will take all steps
necessary to avoid being seen.  I personally know of
no hiker who had any problems, although it may have
happened to someone over the years.  In fact, I heard
a few walk past me when I overnighted at Hauser Creek
last year, walking as quietly as they could.  Their
visit to the PCT is for much different reasons than
yours.

In any case, due to the ADZPCTKO, there is virtually
no chance you will be alone during your first day of
hiking.  In fact, you'll be in a crowd.  As you will
learn, the crowd dissipates over the miles, and before
too long, you will be glad to have some trail miles
to yourself, and will welcome the solitude.

Give in to the solitude - learn who you are.  Listen
in the silence, and discover yourself.

All the best on your hike.  Maybe I'll meet you at the
kickoff.   Larry H