[pct-l] Bird Spring Pass Road and Water Cache

I asked about the roads to Bird Spring Pass and received some good info
before my trip. Here's what we actually found:

The road to Bird Spring Pass is still partially washed out in two places: A
wash crossing about two miles up and on the lower switchback just below the
pass. I drove my truck down this way, but it wasn't real comfortable.
Another good rain could close the road. I certainly wouldn't recommend it
without good ground clearance and
probably 4WD.

The road from the east was much easier (in spite of George Semb's book),
with just a few rough spots. We even saw a small passenger car going up the
pass. The route we used from Highway 14 was Road SC65
west about 5 miles to the first aqueduct road, then left (south) just over 1
mile to SC106, then right (west) up SC106, which merges into SC120, to Bird
Spring Pass.

WATER CACHES:
On March 7 there were TWO water caches at Bird Spring Pass. About a quarter
mile before (south) of the pass, a small sign points the way right up a
slope to ten 5-gallon jugs. They are green and blend into the pinyon tree
they're under. There was about 40 gallons of water in those jugs. A couple
were missing lids, so treat as you feel necessary. A second, smaller cache
of four 1-gallon jugs is just north of and visible from the road crossing
the pass. As always, DON'T RELY ON WATER CACHES in case they're empty/gone
when you arrive.

AsABat