[pct-l] CCC masterpieces

Forester Pass (south side) is the engineering marvel of the PCT as far as I
am concerned. Looking at it from below makes you think that surely isn't
where horses can go. There must be some mistake. I got there just after melt
out and was amazed to see how they (CCC?)built a mortared switchbacked rock
wall up the near cliff that made up the last several hundred feet of the
pass, wide enough for a horse to pass, sure enough. Of course the Muir Hut
was pretty impressive, too as was Timberline Lodge, a masterpiece of a
building in design, craftsmanship and function. Unfortunately, I got there in
a howling ground blizzard (late Sept), and all the rooms were taken due to a
wedding. So I tented in a clump of trees with the window of the bar in full
view. I stayed in that bar as long as possible before stumbling (no I didn't
drink all that much at their prices) the 100 yards back to my hidden camp via
flashlight for a toasty mid 20's sleep with all my clothes on, the wind
whipping the snow from squalls against my tent. Had a great-- no perfect,
breakfast at the lodge the next morning and on I went in much improving
weather, after doing laundry.