[pct-l] bear canister rental info

--
In a message dated 2/9/2003 10:06:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hikerrob@excite.com writes:

> 1)wheres the most convinent rental place ?
>
> 2)do i need to leave a deposit?
>
> 3)can i return it at another(lone pine) ranger station?

Going southbound you could rent one (with a credit card) at TM and slap a
return label on it from Lone Pine.  Just make sure you allow time in your
agreement for it to be returned on time, oherwise they'll charge you for the
cannister.

Atleast this how I believe it works and if I'm not mistaken it's rented by
the trip length not per day.  Last I knew it was only $3 but i wouldn't doubt
if it's gone up.

Sly