[pct-l] bear canister rental info

The most recent info I have about Yosemite says the price has gone up to $5 per
trip.  That is still very cheap.  Back in '94 they charged $3 a day, which would
have cost my group $160, so we didn't rent cans and we lost our food to a bear.
I am glad they got smart and reduced the rental rate.  As a result it seems most
Yosemite backpackers (at least the short term hikers) appear to be using cans.
The question of where to rent has been  answered for southbounders (Yosemite that
is) but does anyone know where a northbound hiker can rent a can to proceed north
from Forester to somewhere around Sonora Pass?  I already own 3 cans but someone
else might want to know.  Perhaps you pick one up in Lone Pine and mail it back
from your next resupply north of N. Yosemite boundary?
llamalady