[pct-l] When do the Mosquitos get bad on the PCT???

In 2002, the section north from Tuolomne Meadows to
Sonora Pass was far worse for mosquitoes than anywhere
else on the whole trail.  For me, this was June 29 to
July 1.  I used Deet several times per day to keep my
sanity.  Desolation Wilderness above Lake Tahoe was a
distant second.  The timing of their arrival depends
upon the snow melt, so every year is different.  Again
in 2002, I used no Deet at all in Oregon, but I know
that in 1999 Oregon was among the worst for them.

Larry H