[pct-l] when do the mosquitos get bad on the PCT???

It depends.
Depends on when the snow starts to melt.
Depends on when you are there.

Here's my experience from 2001 and 2002:

2001, I left Campo on May 6.  Pretty much at the back of the hiker pack.  We
had mosquito problems even in SoCal.  The real mosquito swarm hit about 1/2
day north of KM.  Left KM on June 16, and walked on zero snow, except for
Forester Pass.  Worst bugs were between Tuolumne and Echo Lake.

2002, I left Campo on April 26.  Stayed at the front of the pack.  I don't
remember any mosquitos until after KM.  Left KM on June 3.  Walked on tons
of snow.  Bad bugs between Tuolumne and Echo Lake, and continued bad into
Oregon.  Got to Oregon on August 1.

If you're one who uses DEET, I wouldn't leave KM without some.  Even if you
don't like DEET, still take some.

my opinions, for my experiences, on the days I was there.
yogi