[pct-l] Belden

Belden was a surprise of sorts.

I had been told by a south bounder that Belden was
'closed'. Only the PO was open and a house next door was
selling soda's.

Upon arrival I found the store/restaurant were open and
a shower was available. This meant cheeseburgers and
ice cream.

Also, I bought a bunch of power foods at the store and
the gal gave me a huge discount over the listed price. It
must have been my charm. ;)

I wouldn't plan a resupply from here (this is where a drift
box resupply was handy as alternate to a Quincy resupply), but
it's certainly a nice break along the way.

Scott Parks

--

I must agree with Larry.
Arrived in Belden on July 4th, had a drink and nice free cold shower,

---
Home   : http://stillroaming.tripod.com
Art    : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/art
Hiking : http://stillroaming.tripod.com/pct