[pct-l] Time Tunnel of the trail

Monte asked "Ever notice how fast the world goes by when you are on your
long hike? Think
of all the events that have happened when you were on the trail that you
only
later learned..."

In '94 we were hiking towards Sierra City where we were looking forward to
meeting my mom & stepfather, & mom-in-law (Chuck/Igor's mom) & her
friend...when we got to the campground outside town and found them enjoying
cocktails around the table (yes, they shared!), one of the first questions
they asked was "did you hear about O.J.?"

We had missed the discovery of the double murder, the slow-mo car chase, and
all the other hype.  What a blessing!

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija

"Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top.
Then you will see how low it was."  Dag Hammarskjold