[pct-l] permit issues

--
The questions about individual permits make me want clarification about the
single permit issued through PCTA for those going over 500 miles, plus 2
other different "permits".

1) That PCTA-issued permit eliminates the need for any separate permits
elsewhere, correct?

2) Campfire permits, if one chooses to get one, are still required for any
open fires and are obtained through one of the National Forest Offices?
Can/should they be obtained elsewhere?

3) As a non-Californian, I am unclear about the "Adventure Pass" concept -
at least that's how I recall it being referred to.  Currently, I understand
that an Adventure Pass is required for any parking of a vehicle in a NF (and
state?)recreation area. If one might have van or vehicle support on one's
PCT hike, then I assume the driver must have an Adventure Pass, even if the
driver is in or with the vehicle at all times?

	a) Where does one get these?
	B) If the driver has a Nat'l Parks Golden Age Passport, does that
help 	   in any way?  Cost less?

Thanks, Bob

BobnShell
Bedford, VA

--
[ winmail.dat of type application/ms-tnef deleted ]