[pct-l] Re: Temperatures

March 23, 2002,Guffy Camp, section D   Snowstorm, high winds, 20 deg.
inside the tent (pitched next to the outhouse for its windbreak effect).

March 30, 2002, hiking from North Fork to Soledad Canyon, 100 deg. in
the sun, slightly less in the shade of the chapparral.
Of course these dates are outside normal thru hiker time  window.
We carry a talking thermometer on our summer treks on JMT and commonly
have temps of 27 degrees in the middle of the night.  The thermometer
wakes us up to tell us so.
Marion  Davison "llamalady"