[pct-l] a few confusing spots??

--
In a message dated 1/27/2003 9:33:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rellinwood@worldnet.att.net writes:

> However, I would be grateful if those who have done the PCT before would
> reflect and share the one or two (or handful of) places where a 7.5 minute
> topo would really have helped your momentary confusion.  Could you cite a
> few spots where, for whatever reason, you were unsure of how to proceed?

Bob, the only places you're likely to get confused is at road crossings and
passes covered with snow.  Look on the map to see where the trail picks up on
the other side.  This is especially true of the passes, where you'll want to
see which side of the lake below the trail goes and then do you best to get
there. : )

As far as bailing out, the guidebook maps gives you a general idea with
labeled roads and towns, sometimes with mileages on the edges of the maps.

I wouldn't bother with any other maps, but of course, that's up to you.

Sly