[pct-l] Bear Canister thoughts and deterrence

This post reminds me of the seemingly lost art of peeing around your tent to
deter bears.  Anyone who has had a diaper pail in their house understands the
connection.  We used this technique as one more weapon in our arsenal of bear
deterrence strategies when we stealth camped the JMT in 96 and we had no bear
visits in our camp that year.
Marion Davison "llamalady"