[pct-l] Bear Canister thoughts and deterrence

--
I did the same thing when camping in "bear alley" in Yosemite along
the JMT is 98.  There was bear scat all over the place and it was

We peed near our tent and also purposely peed on top of the bear scat
that was nearby (there was litterally droppings everywhere).  I
hadn't read about doing this or anything to deter bears, but dogs pee
and poop on top of other spots that other dogs has used in order to
mark their territory and tell the other dog that "this place is mine,
keep out!"  I figured it couldn't hurt.

sure enough, we heard people banging pots and yelling all night
long.  the bear walked by our tent and stopped for about 1-2 minutes
to check things out.  something made him not want to stick around and
bother us like he was bothering other people in the area.  not sure
what it was, we were also sleeping with our food, so i guess he
figured that there were easier targets elsewhere.

peace!
dude