[pct-l] Bear Canister info - Inyo NF website link to bear canister regs

Dude (and everybody)

Re: <<Posts about the factual letter of the law are helpful
and help people to make the choice that is right for them, but
opinions seem to be as helpful as hitting your head against a wall
and dont change anyone's mind anyway.>>

Indeed.  That's all I'm trying to do, for the people who want to get to the
sources of the rules.  As anybody who even drives a car knows, enforcement
is spotty and arbitrary, and there ain't much we can or want to do about
THAT.   At least the SEKI page gives a link to the Code of Federal
Regulations where the rules are officially promulgated.  The Inyo site just
states the rule, in an apparent "tough weenies" manner.

And yes, we had lots of discussions on this topic last year.  An archive
search on "bear" ought to turn up all of the canister/cannister rants.  And
Brick, your comments are well spoken and good practical advice for the wary.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija

"Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top.
Then you will see how low it was."  Dag Hammarskjold