[pct-l] Bear Canister info - Inyo NF website link to bear can ister regs

--
In a message dated 1/23/2003 1:51:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
reynolds@ilan.com writes:

> A MUCH better question is "For a thruhiker walking thru the zone who does
> not intend to camp in the zone, is the canister required" Usually these
> 'regulations' are based on 'approved storage' laws. The web site implies
> that you must have a canister to enter.

Good question Tom.

Not that it mattered, but I can't remember any time during my thru-hike,
where I camped that a bear cannister was required.  I know I stopped at
several places where there were bear boxes and used that method.  Only in
northern Yosemite were bear bagging was suggested by a ranger, was I a
scofflaw and tented with my food.  No rope!

What's the regs for Lyell Canyon?

Sly