[pct-l] Bear Canister info - Inyo NF

CK, Everybody-

In my less than humble opinion the attitude of two of the three Inyo Rangers
that I spoke with were DETERMINED that EVERYBODY carry a canister. They said
that "the regulation exists because we [the Rangers in the field] went to
the administration and demanded that something be done about the bear
problem". IMHO they will hand out a ticket in a heartbeat. Think of a "speed
trap". They will sit at the zone boundary and ticket everyone who enters.
IMHO the way they [the Rangers in the field] will talk to this list is thru
handing out tickets. The list will get the message.

Tom