[pct-l] [pct-] maps? huge books? vital?

I took apart a guidebook for a long section hike and found that the book
easily and naturally separated into sections.  I then stapled the sections to
ensure the pages would stay together.  I often make copies of pages for day
hikes, but the maps usually don't copy well, so I can't recommend copies.
Marion Davison "llamalady"