[pct-l] Body Shaping/weight loss

Four months ago, finishing up on a thru hike, I was
hiking through Washington's North Cascades, routinely
covering 25 miles and more daily, ascending and then
descending thousands of feet daily, carrying 20 to 30
pounds, with little or no discomfort.

Yesterday and again today, fifteen pounds heavier,
after hiking only 8+ miles each day, descending 1000
feet into the the American River Canyon with an empty
pack, and climbing back out with 15 or 20 pounds in
the pack, I'm stiff, sore, totally worn out, and ready
for bed.

How did it happen so fast?  It's just not fair.

Larry H