[pct-l] Body Shaping/weight loss

I have done a 25-35 day section hike each year since 1996.
In that short time I invariably lose 7 pounds and get in the best shape
of my life (too bad that isn't saying much).  Meanwhile the rest of the
year I am hitting the gym for weightlifting, aerobics or yoga, swimming
laps, hiking on weekends, and riding my bike to work occasionally in
order to stay in shape so I will be able to enjoy that month in the
wilderness.  Oh how I love those rock hard quads I have every
September.  I'm 46 and my husband is 65.  He never works out, just hikes
with me, and has no problem keeping up.  It's just not fair.
I daydream about what kind of shape I could be in after 3-4 months on
the trail, but I have never had that kind of time to spend.  Too much a
slave to the almighty paycheck.
Marion Davison, "llamalady"