[pct-l] Tent poles

>From the general design of the tent it sounds to me like you're probably
right since the arch radii changes are gentle and there's still plenty of
room under the breaking point to allow for wind flex.  I have had carbon
fiber poles snap suddenly--a compound fiber fracture which tore a hole in
the tent--under stress, after appearing to function normally for a couple of
minutes, but my arch is likely much more extreme and the poles were probably
right at their breaking point.  Aluminum is more giving under stress and is
more likely to bend than to break.

-H