[pct-l] resupply and books

I should be setting off on the PCT from Campo around May 10 and am
planning to buy my food and supplies as I go, with the
exception of a drop to pick up my ice axe before the Sierras.
During the desert section, will my relatively late start
mean a lack of food on the shelves in the smaller towns?

Also, what is the latest word about when the
new California guides will be coming out?  When I
last checked, Amazon was reporting a publication date of
sometime in 1969.

Chris

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics