[pct-l] Food Carriers

--

Brad:
I tied my ursack to a tree trunk. One of the problems with hanging food is =
that you may go for days without seeing any trees suitable for effective ha=
nging. Tall trees with branches at a good height. It probably would be a go=
od idea to hang your ursack, but if there is no tree what is a thru hiket t=
o do?
You put everything in the Ursack/bear cannister that is food or has an ordo=
r, such as tooth paste. Put the pot in there or leave it sit out in the ope=
n.
I did not camp at many camp grounds and had NO visits from mice or other sm=
all creatures needed to exercise their teeth.
 Brad Wilson <BWIL5272@postoffice.uri.edu> wrote:I've never used an Ursack,=
 I've been to their website and am planning
getting one before I start my hike, do you still need to hang the bag or do
you just tie it to the base of a tree? This may be overkill, but you people
put their cookware in the sack too? I would hate to see a wear run off with
my $75 titanium pot.

I don't cook in camp, I usually have dinner then hike some more before it's
time to retire for the night. If the cookware is cleaned should that do the
job?

I keep reminding myself, I have three holes in the pack I used on the AT.
Each time, a mouse / little animal ate through the nylon to get at an empty
snickers wrapper, inside a Ziploc bag.

Brad