[pct-l] Re: For All thrill Seekers

> I believe that Jim Whittaker did start REI as one of the
> original founders.He quit because they became too big and

I don't have a list of the 23 founders. But I'd venture a guess that
he's not among the founders, since he was born in February 1929 and REI
was founded in 1938.

Of course, that's only speculation on my part. Maybe he really did start
it when he was 9 years old. Probably single-handedly. I'm not blessed
with the "facts" that Rich claims to have presented.

And Rich still seems to confuse Jim with his twin brother Lou, who
started and still owns RMI. Maybe all of Jim's "denials" were because
you were talking to the wrong guy!? Makes me wonder who's suffering from
"denial-of-reality."

Again, I don't know Jim Whittaker. Haven't even met him at a book
signing, like the others here. Or personally confronted him and
"scolded" him. Maybe he really is "a total j%&$/a&^&%$&^". But I just
didn't think it fair for him to be slammed here on the basis of bogus
"facts."

Gee, now I'm kinda sorry I won't be able to attend the PCTA meeting!

Cheers,
Carl