[pct-l] Re: Poorly educated snowpack guesses

--
Okay, I'll bite.

  "That's an interesting way to handle an opposing opinion."

Your opposing opinion was backed with nothing more than the general advice of
the esteemed Mr. Jardine. I have never challenged Mr. Jardine, his experience
or advice.  If you, in fact, have an opposing opinion based upon your
personal experience or analysis of data, we'd all sure be interested to hear
it.

> Further, nothing said was thinly disguised.

My mistake, excuse me, you're correct.  Your troll and attack on the
credibility of my advice and opinion was completely un-disguised.

Speculating on fact > at the expense of others is nothing less than
> self-gratification.

"Speculating on fact"?  Let's see, 30 years of Sierra snow pack information;
yep that is fact.  I'm a geologist and familiar, as such, with earth
processes, analysis of data for trends and abnomilies, risk assessment based
upon statistical analysis.  The analysis that I have presented of the 30 year
database of snow survey information is not speculative, not unusual and not
irresponsible.

If you have a specific issue with any of the data I presented, then please
present your view.

"Self-gratification"?  Without knowing me in the least, you have taken the
arrogant stance to challenge my intentions.  I believe my intentions speak
for themselves in my actions.  What actions represent your intentions?
Encouraging mountain bikers to ride on the PCT illegally?

I suggest we take all further discussion of this off list as I'm certain many
2003'ers will want to hear only positive information relating to their
upcoming adventure.

Greg