[pct-l] Poorly educated snowpack guesses ( was Re: El Nino Gossip)

--
In a message dated 1/10/2003 3:45:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stillroaming@lycos.com writes:

> Ray Jardine, who has far more experience than the vast majority
> of people on this list suggests that a thru-hiker not enter the
> high sierras prior to June 15th (on a normal snow year) and for
> good reason. If you enjoy the snow, go for it, it is kind of
> exciting, assuming you're PLANNING/PREPARED for it.

That's what I did.

Rested and recuperated for a few days while waiting for a friend.  We left KM
June 15th 1999.  I call it Ray Day.

In an average snow year, Muir Pass was still choked with snow along with alot
of other passes.  It comes with thru-hiking the PCT.  If you're afraid of
snow, this may not be the trail for you.

Sly