[pct-l] Absolute Barebones Dehydrating List

Karen, you can also make various bean soups, partially puree them and then
dehydrate them in the same way you would fruit leather.  Dry 'til crispy,
then crumble.  Voila - instant soup.  Then again, I understand you can get
bulk soups from Fantastic Foods ...  I'd also try adding canned or frozen
green or New Mexican chili peppers to taste, and then dehydrating that for
something more spicy.

The best thing I dehydrated in '94, and didn't make enough of, was a beef
bourguignon - I dehydrated the leftovers of a great meal.  When we finally
got to it, it was awesome.  The red wine adds a flavor that really appeals.
To me, anyhow.

Be careful with the TVP - you might get sick of it.  We got REALLY tired of
plain hummus - to this day I can't eat any, even augmented with onions and
other fresh veggies.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija

"Never measure the height of a mountain, until you have reached the top.
Then you will see how low it was."  Dag Hammarskjold