[pct-l] Amigo, accomplishments, and the whereabouts of Paul and Pat

Hey Amigo,

I just inferred from your message that you were sharing an incident where
you set a goal for yourself and accomplished it.  Good for you!

About goals...my husband, Scott, and I hiked the trail in 2000 and we only
had 2 months off so, we chose to section hike from Campo to VVR.  My goal
was to stay hiking for the entire two months no matter where my end point
was and only quit if I was injured, not out of frustration, heat, fear, or
blisters, etc.   I had a lot of frustration, heat and blisters and ants
crawling in my blisters too when I accidentally lay down in an ant nest and
was too exhausted to move. (the things I was so fearful of before starting
disappeared in the first few days)  I accomplished this goal and it was a
highlight of my life.   To some, this may not much, but to me, it was huge.
My whining is a lot to overcome...

My 6-week case of blisters may rank up there as of the worst of people who
have hiked the trail.   While I don't have a scientific way of measuring
this, my feet were certified by Paul (of Anza's Paul and Pat) as being
mighty bad. Paul inspects a lot of hiker feet and he claimed that my feet
were (if I recall) the second worst case of blisters that he had ever
seen...Ron Moak's being the worst case he'd seen.   How's that for a boast?
Naah naah!  (The biggest disappointment was finally getting my feet
toughened up and then having to leave the trail and go back to work.  What a
waste of good calluses!)

By the way, what are Paul and Pat up to?  Are they still hosting hikers at
their new spot?  If someone knows, please post.

For those who enjoy trail stories, here's one at the following link.  For
the rest, scroll onward!
 http://www.sarigby.net/pct2000/EncountersinCivilization.htm

To the class of 2003, as a certified journal junkie, I look forward to
reading your stories.  Best of luck and much happiness to you.

Amy