[pct-l] start heavy, but lighten up

Hey Gray,

I think you describe a good method, which a lot of us have followed. I spra=
in
my ankles quite easily too, but I do want a shoe/boot that is lighter. As I=
 am
no longer so afraid of my feet getting wet (I trust that they will dry out =
as I
hike) I don't want heavy leather boots anymore and look for boots made out =
of
cordura or something like that that still support my ankles a bit. Plus I f=
ound
good insoles, made to order, which help me put my feet down properly. Again=
,
not that you need to do the same, just as a consideration.

Saskia

Gray wrote:
I've got an ankle that is really good at twisting and turning over quite
painfully, so I use hiking boots for the ankle support. I don't like
getting wet and covered with bugs, so I use a tent. I don't like fussing
over my bag, so I use a synthetic. I like to cook a bit more elaborate
meals than just "boil water" stuff, so I use a stove and not an alcahol
burner. To each their own.  My personal philosophy is start heavy, and
pare down as you find out what you like/don't like, need/don't need until
you get to a point where you have all the equipment you need, and the
lightest pack possible with that equipment.

=0D
=0Dhttp://www.wanadoo.nl/