[pct-l] GPS

Well, guess what I saw on the news tonight: parents are now tracking their
children via GPS. A sensor is built into a watch they wear. So, problem
solved!! No one ever needs to get lost again -- unless they want to for
various and sundry reasons
  I've got to be more careful with my sarcasm. Some people actually thought I
meant it when I suggested selling off public land. What I was trying to say
to people who think the rescued should pay up is that it would take Draconian
methods (such as banning activities and selling off public land to get rid of
liability problems) way beyond a potential 400000 fine (that figure was
totally made up) to prevent public funds from being used to rescue people.
What happens when the rescued goes bankrupt and $350,000 is still owed? Would
death be punishment enough or should the relatives be faced with a lien on
their abode?
  Personally, I like the tax the rich to pay for everything plan, for reasons
not to be debated here!