[pct-l] rescues

From: "JoAnn M Michael" <jomike@snowcrest.net>
> Tom and Ron:
>
> {The real question is "Why should people expect
> rescue when they intentionally put themselves in harm's way?"}
>
> I doubt it was "intentional"  but regardless, the answer is easy: because
they, as all of us, are human.

The case that started this last round of discussion was more along the lines
of a pair of people who did plan ahead, who were aware of thier
surroundings, and made the wise choice of waiting until the conditions
improved, in short did everything they are "supposed" to do, correctly, and
got out fine. But a search and rescue was mounted anyway. Arguing whether or
not some clueless yokel who wandered in way over their head should have to
pay for their rescue is a bit different from arguing that someone who
understood the situation, planned for it, acted wisely, and was the
recipient of an unneeded search/rescue should have to pay for it as well.

Gray, got new trekking poles today and is happy!