[pct-l] Northeast trekking versus west trekking: An observation

a troll is a post of narrow minded material in the hopes
of sparking "discussion".........

regarding trekking becoming the running boom of the mid-70's.......

It has already peaked out.  The majority of people who got into
hiking into the mid 80's already hate it, and go no more.

Last year had the lightest Yosemite visitorship in years, 3.4M folks.

blame it on the economy (sept. 11 included) but my hunch is that out
of 5 people who get into hiking or camping, 1 becomes an actual enthusiast
who isn't deterred by bugs, snow, pain, blisters, boredom, etc.

this downward trend in hiking enthusiasm is a GOOD THING !!!!

last year, I basically had the JMT to myself the 1st week and 1/2 of July,
save about a 1/2 dozen thru hikers passed daily.

p.s. I had the opportunity to hike around Sedona, AZ this last weekend,
and boy, it is now in my top 6 hiking locations.  My list:

1. the high sierra PCT, CA
2. Kenai Peninsula, AK
3. Bryce, UT
4. Sedona, AZ
5. Zion, UT
6. Hardangervidda Region, Norway

Steve "diggin' them vortexes" Courtway,
obviously biased towards the west. hahahahaha