[pct-l] Northeast trekking versus west trekking: Anobservation

--
Yes, I have been on the trail for a few miles, but that means nothing. A
trail as long as the PCT requires conditioning, right gear for conditions o=
the trekker and the terrain, varying microclimates, altitude, etc., and
knowledge/experience. Any less and the recent discussion about money spent
saving misguided =8Cnot as smart as I am=B9 trekkers will dominate not only=
 this
list, but much of the future national agenda of the use of public lands for
the sublime joy of the wilderness experience. Trekking is on the verge of
being the running boom of the mid-70=B9s. The baby boomers are coming. This=
 is
not a rant, but an observation and a belief. It is not going anywhere. It i=
here and folks like us are the best ones to take the lead on the future use
of these precious resources, not pols. And whatever a =B3troll=B2 is will h=
ave
to be defined to me b4 I respond or ignore it. By the way, the majority of
24 year olds I see are morbidly obese. Why is that? This is a list for
discussion, larger issues are certainly as important as whether MSR
snowshoes are as good as Atlas 1225=B9s. No? Thanks for reading. Marc Adin.