[pct-l] (no subject)

--
In a message dated 12/31/02 1:36:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
randy_forsland@hotmail.com writes:

> Wow !! i didn't realize that the AT was that much harder than the PCT..is it
> the steep ascents or the elevation that causes a 25% reduction in the MPD
> ???

Those were my own experiences hiking both trails.  YMMV!  I found the trail
more difficult on the AT.  In almost all other ways, hiking the PCT is more
challenging.  I'm not a speed-hiker.  My longest hiking day on the PCT (1999)
was about 31 miles; on the AT (2002) 26 miles.  They're just different
trails, and your results are certainly going to be different than mine.