[pct-l] (no subject)

As previously stated, the ADZPCTKO website will list names of people
offering rides to Campo.  I know many hikers who caught rides from Bob
(can't remember his last name), who is a very nice man.  If that doesn't
work for you, follow the instructions in the Town Guide for how to get from
the San Diego airport to Campo.  These instructions are right on.  Exactly
how it works.  If I remember right, it took about 1 hour 15 minutes to get
from the airport to the El Cajon transit station, where you pick up the
afternoon bus to Campo.  Be sure to call the El Cajon transit station about
2 weeks prior to your departure to make a reservation on the Campo bus,
especially if you'll be there the weekend of the kickoff.

The bus to Campo gets you to Campo after the post office closes (it's about
a 2 hour ride), so if you need to mail anything home, you're out of luck
until you get to Mt Laguna, 40 trail miles into your hike.  However, I do
remember seeing a post office right next to the tracks as I was on the
trolley from San Diego to El Cajon.  I can't tell you which stop it was, but
if you're sitting looking forward, it was on the left side of the train.  If
you pay attention, and see the PO from the trolley, you could get off at the
next stop, turn around and ride back.